Monday, May 12, 2008

THE Piggyback Ride...

So this past weekend I finally the trip down to Washington D.C. to meet up with longtime friends, we'll call them Jake and Jackie...oh and their friends...

Anyway, quick summary of the events:

- Show up, make great time even though "Jake" and I got pulled over in Jersey by the BEST cop. We may have been going 86 in a 65, but instead the cop gave us a 74 in a 65 (9 miles over instead of 21 aka = $300 to $85)

- Move Jake's stuff out, get ditched by Jackie. My friend for over 10+ years decides that she doesnt care enough to worry that I finally came to visit her...(she was spending time at another radio station's concert, how ironic)

- Meet up, go out, get some awesome Pad Tai (which I haven't had since my Boston days. Are there any good cheap Tai places in Danbury!?!)

- So weeee get our drink on, I end up getting hit on by this skeeevy guy (yes, I am straight and I said guy). On the way back I decide to give a piggyback ride to, let's call her Tina, because her high-heels have taken their toll. Jake points out that I am such a weakling that I can't carry her the last block to her apartment to pick up her sandals...One thing lent to another and BAM...literally. I dropped her. And fell...Hard...On my wrist / chin...

- There I am, on the ground, spinning around in circles just screaming, "Ow...ow...ow...ow..." Oh, that and to Tina, 'Just get your sandals!!" Jackie was nice enough to lend a bag of frozen peas...Needless-to-say we went out for pie @ 4 in the morning with a bag of peas tied to my swelling, unmovable hand...

- Diagnosis: We all agreed that it was a mild sprain. Oh, and it was my left hand - my dominant hand. Next time your bored, try doing everyday tasks with your opposite hand, but the weird ones like blowing your nose!

UPDATE: After a lot of ice, the beauty that is an ace bandage, and time, my wrist is finally moving again and I can move almost all three fingers without pain...WEEEE!!

Kids - the morale of the story is : Don't Drink and Piggyride...or you'll end up like this...

No comments: